Arc Flash Study and Services
The following includes a snapshot of the services which Realtime is able to provide:
- (1)-Phase, (3)-phase, and UPS Arc Flash hazard calculations.
- Arc Flash in enclosed and open air equipment.
- Work permits and Arc Flash data sheets and Arc Flash labels.
- Arc Flash result analysis.
- Arc Flash mitigation recommendations.
- PPE requirements and recommendations.
Realtime Utility Engineers can perform Arc Flash studies for any size industrial or utility facility, wind farm, or any type of generation facility. Realtime provides solutions that offer facility compliance with NFPA® 70E 2012 and OSHA 29 CFR 1910 requirements that include Arc Flash studies, creation of Arc Flash labels, generation of electrical work permits, and the associated documentation to maintain regulatory compliance.
Realtime Utility Engineers Arc Flash studies can meet the following requirements:
- IEEE 1584.
- NFPA® 70E 2009 – “Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.”
- NFPA® 70E 2012.
- National Electric Code (NEC) 110.6 (Arc Flash Safety label requirement).
- National Electric Safety Code® (NESC®). NESC® sets the ground rules for practical safeguarding of personnel during installation, operation, or maintenance of electric supply.
- CSA Z462 2008 (Canadian Arc Flash Analysis standard).
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.
- ASTM D 120-02a.