Berry Street Substation
Berry Street Substation, Plainville, MA
New 115-345kV Substation
New station in Plainville, MA comprised of a 345kV switchyard, 115kV switchyard and a 345/115kV autotransformer with a new control house. The existing 345kV (303 and 315 lines) and 115kV (D-182S and C-181N lines) loop in and out. This project scope of work included the following:
- 345/115/24kV auto-transformer.
- (2) 345kV bays with (3) breakers in one bay initially, ring configuration.
- (3) 115kV bays with (8) breakers, breaker and a half scheme.
- Designed to accommodate ultimate configuration of (3) 345kV breaker-and-a-half bays, (4) 115kV breaker-and-a-half bays, and (2) 345/115/24kV autotransformers.
- Control house is a pre-engineered steel building.
- Foundations, fencing, grading, interior road paving, and yard surfacing.
- Equipment and support structure foundations.
- Control house with HVAC, lighting, and separation of cables
- Underground duct banks (Trenwa trench system).
- (2)125 VDC batteries, charger systems, and DC cabinets.
- (4) 208/120 VAC, (3) phase, (4) wire AC panel boards.
- Station service transformers with fused safety switches and auto-transfer switch.
- Substation bus conductors, insulators, grounding, control & power cables, yard lighting, and lightning protection.
- Various studies and analysis: Battery sizing, busbar rating, lightning protection, ground grid design, station service AC and DC loads, and civil/structural analysis.
- Review of all shop drawings and trade prints.
- Assist with bid packages, bid evaluations, procurement activities, and vendor and construction RFIs.