138kV- Rated – Transmission Line Relocation
138kV- Rated – Transmission Line Relocation, Wausau, WI
U.S. Highway 51 & South 29 Line Relocation
Incorporating a future upgrade to 138kV, Realtime engineered (5) new steel-pole structures to accommodate the newly constructed overpasses.
Realtime performed the following tasks:
- Preliminary and final design of the line alignment, structures, and foundations.
- Coordination with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and Client.
- Steel-pole structure design and specifications.
- Soils investigation specifications and subcontractor coordination.
- Drilled-pier foundation design and construction specifications.
- Line construction specification.
- Construction documentation including PLS-CADD files.
- Field support to construction contractors.
- Final project close-out.
Design Challenges & Solutions:
Long transmission line spans and clearance requirements over new highway overpasses led to custom poles ranging in heights up to (115) feet.
Poor soil conditions resulted in deep, large-diameter drilled-pier foundations.